Our life-changing work is only possible thanks to our dedicated volunteers.
From administration to advocacy, fundraising to Puppy Raising, each volunteer makes a real difference for people living with mental health issues, children with autism, and their families.
Volunteer roles include:
- Caring for our dogs and puppies on their journey to become Psychiatric Assistance Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs, or Therapy Dogs.
- Informing the public and advocating for PAT (Psychiatric, Assistance & Therapy) Dogs Australia through following and sharing our social media posts and articles.
- Providing your skills and expertise, whether it is as a photographer, a graphic designer, providing copy writing etc
- Distributing, collecting and maintaining our donation stands and tap-to-donate machines.
Who can volunteer to help?
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Most of the volunteering activities require an ongoing commitment. If you can’t commit to regular hours, you can still support us by making a donation or hosting a fundraising event to raise much-needed funds for PAT Dogs Australia.
- If you have particular skills or experience that you feel would be an asset to our work, please send an email to [email protected]
- All volunteers require a National Police Clearance before participating, and renewal checks every three years thereafter.